We have two programs that are looking for referrals and need outreach materials developed. We'd like them to be visually engaging and also standardized.
We have ambitious client recruitment goals to provide services to justice engaged youth and the parents to try to reduce incarceration. We need great outreach materials to encourage collaborators to refer people to our programs
The Centerforce mission is to support, educate, and advocate for individuals, families, and communities impacted by incarceration.
Centerforce is a California-based nonprofit dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for individuals, families, and communities impacted by incarceration. For over 30 years, Centerforce has been a national leader in providing groundbreaking, evidence-based programs to incarcerated people and their loved-ones. In fact, Centerforce is one of few agencies in the U.S. to offer a continuum of transformative services during incarceration, reentry and after release.
Centerforce's work began in 1972 by establishing a visitors' center at San Quentin State Prison. Centerforce went on to establish visitors' centers at all California state prisons, and successfully lobbied the State Legislature to providing ongoing funding for these centers.
We pursue our mission by:
- Developing and delivering comprehensive and effective client-centered services to currently and formerly incarcerated individuals and their families.
- Designing and implementing programs that foster constructive experiences during incarceration, promote successful re-entry, and decrease re-incarceration.
- Researching, evaluating, and sharing innovative and current best program practices.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, including corrections, to achieve our goals.
- Creating awareness and shaping the debate around incarceration and its effects.